Sunday, September 13, 2009

Solution to error 0xc0000135 with SBS 2008 Connect Computer application

The Short Story:
At least version 2.0 of the .NET Framework is required to run the Connect Computer application. Install the latest .NET framework (Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 in my case).



The Long Story:
I have a Windows XP SP2 machine that I browsed to the SBS 2008 connect computer web site with. I downloaded launcher.exe and opened it. After a few brief moments I was met with the error "The Application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application." Super!

A quick Google search of that error number revealed a simple solution. It appears that that error message is indicative of the .NET framework not being installed. $60 billlion in yearly revenue and Microsoft can't at least mention ".NET Framework" somewhere in that error message?

I went to the Windows Update site and installed the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and all was well. Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment