Thursday, December 31, 2009

Leave your next job interview in a blaze of glory! Become the interviewer!

It's nearly the new year! It's nearly a new decade! Are you going to be looking for a new job? You might need some tips for how to interview the interviewer.

I just read this great article over at TheLadders.com concerning how to "Walk Out of Your Job Interview in a Blaze of Glory". In it are some great questions that you could ask the interviewer when you get the nearly inevitable question "Is there anything you'd like to as me?"

Here are some samples from the article that stood out to me:


  • Why is this position vacant?
  • How will I know that I have met your goals?
  • How will my performance be evaluated, and how often?
  • Will I be hearing from you or should I contact you?


And for the really daring among you:

  • Do you see any gaps in my qualifications that I need to fill?
  • Now that you’ve had a chance to meet and interview me, what reservations would you have in putting me in this position? (Ask it! I dare you!!)

Have a look at the article and decide for yourself if you dare be made memorable as the one who made the hiring manager stutter. If nothing else, they'll remember you. But will it be for the right reasons? I personally think it would be. What do you think? What was the craziest thing you've asked an interviewer? Did it work like you wanted it to?

No comments:

Post a Comment